- (simple past of, break)
- (context, archaic, or, poetic) (past participle of, break)
- 1999 October 3, J. Stewart Burns, "Mars University", Futurama, season 2, episode 2, Fox Broadcasting Company
- : Guenther: I guess the hat must have my fall.
- (nautical) The sentence of a court martial which deprived an officer of his commission'
- He was and rendered unfit to serve His Majesty at sea.
- (colloquial) lack, Lacking money; bankrupt
- (colloquial) broken, Broken.
- Dutch: blut
- French: fauché , fauchée , í sec (invariant)
- German: pleite
- Italian: al verde (invariant)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for broke for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.