- A series of chisel points mounted on one piece of steel.
Translations: ;alternative spelling of "brooch"
- (alternative spelling of, brooch)
verb (broach, es)
- (transitive) To make a hole in, especially a cask of liquor, and put in a tap in order to draw the liquid.
- (transitive) (figuratively) To begin discussion about (something).
- I broached the subject of contraceptives carefully when the teenager mentioned his promiscuity.
- German: ansprechen, aufbringen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for broach for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.