- An attorney's legal argument in written form for submission to a court.
- (colloquial) A short news story or report.
- We got a news .
- (i, in plural for singular object) A short, legless undergarment; briefs.
- Spanish: breve
- (transitive) To knowledgeably summarize a recent development to some person with decision-making power.
- The U.S. president was briefed on the military coup and its implications on African stability.
- (transitive, law) To write a legal argument and submit it to a court.
- Of short duration or distance.
- concise, Concise.
- Dutch: bondig
- French: bref
- German: kurz
- Spanish: breve, conciso
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for brief for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.