- a sudden puncturing of a pneumatic tyre / tire
- a sudden release of oil and gas from a well
- a social function, especially one with large quantities of food
- (sports slang) A sporting contest that is decidedly one-sided and whose outcome is no longer in doubt. Often occurs when one team is superior to the other.
- The game between the two teams was nothing but a .
- (Australia) an extreme and unexpected increase in costs, such as in government estimates for a project.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for blowout for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.