verb (binds, binding, bound or rarely bounden)
- A troublesome situation; a problem; a predicament or quandary.
- To connect
- To couple
- To put together in a cover, as of books
- (computing) to associate an identifier with a value; to associate a variable name with the content of a storage location
Etymology: From bindan.
- Dutch: binden, verbinden, koppelen
- French: relier (livre)
- German: verbinden (1,2), konnektieren (1)
- Italian: legare (1,2), connettere (2)
- Spanish: atar (tie), empastar (books)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bind for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.