noun (plural binaries)
Translations: adjective (not comparable)
- (context, mathematics, computing) (uncountable) The base-2 number system, which uses only the digits 0 and 1.
- (computing) An executable computer file.
- (astronomy) A star system consisting of only two stars.
- Being in a state of one of two mutually exclusive conditions, such as on or off, true or false, 6 or not 6, or the presence or absence of an electrical pulse.
- Binary states are often abstracted as 1 and 0 in computer science.
- Concerning logic whose subject matter concerns binary states.
- (context, arithmetic, computing) Concerning numbers and mathematical calculations using the binary number system.
- Having two equally important parts.
- binary star
- binary poison
- Related to something with two parts.
- A distribution is a statistical distribution with only two categories.
- (computing): Refers to data consisting of arbitrary values, as opposed to that which can be interpreted as plain or ASCII text.
- He downloaded the distribution for Linux, then burned it to DVD.
- French: binaire
- Dutch: tweevoudig, tweevoudige
- Italian: binario , binaria
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for binary for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.