- mental, Mental acceptance of a claim as truth.
- (countable) Something believed.
- The ancient people have a in many deities.
- (uncountable) The quality or state of believe, believing.
- My that it will rain tomorrow is strong.
- (uncountable) religious, Religious faith.
- She often said it was her that carried her through the hard times.
- (in plural) One's religious or moral convictions.
- I can't do that. It's against my beliefs.
Etymology: < lÄafa.
- Dutch: geloof
- French: foi , croyance
- German: Glaube
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for belief for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.