noun (bab, ies)
- A very young human being, from birth to a couple of years old.
- Any very young animal, especially a vertebrate; many species have specific names for their babies, such as kittens for the babies of cats, puppy, puppies for the babies of dogs, and chicks for the babies of birds. See :Category:Baby animals for more.
- A person who is immature or infantile.
- Stand up for yourself - don't be such a !
- A term of endearment for a girlfriend or boyfriend.
- (informal) A form of address to a man or a woman considered to be attractive.
- Hey , what are you doing later?
- A pet project or responsibility.
- The annual report has been my since September.
- The lastborn of a family; a benjamin.
verb (babies, babying, babied, babied)
- Dutch: benjamin
- French: benjamin
- German: Baby , Sí¤ugling , Kleinkind
- Italian: bello (to a man), bella (to a woman)
adjective (used only before the noun)
- To coddle.
- Of a child: very young; of the age when he or she would be termed a baby or infant.
- a boy
- Of an animal: young.
- a elephant
- Intended for babies.
- French: pour bébé
- Italian: per i bimbi
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for baby for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.