- (context, somewhat, dated, or, formal) Causing awe or terror; inspiring wonder or excitement.
- The waterfall in the middle of the rainforest was an sight.
- The tsunami was awesome in its destructive power.
- (colloquial) excellent, Excellent, exciting, remarkable.
- That was awesome!, That's awesome!!
- Awesome, dude!
Etymology: "awe" + "-some"
- French: magnifique
- Italian: magnifico,splendido
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for awesome for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.