- A trophy or medal; something that denotes an accomplishment, especially in a competition.
- A judgment, sentence, or final decision. Specifically: The decision of arbitrators in a case submitted.
- The paper containing the decision of arbitrators; that which is warded.
- German: Preis
- (transitive) To give by sentence or judicial determination; to assign or apportion, after careful regard to the nature of the case; to adjudge; as, the arbitrators awarded damages to the complainant.
- (intransitive) To determine; to make an award.
- French: accorder
- Spanish: premiar, galardonar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for award for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.