noun (auras, pl2=aurae)
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (polytonic, á) (aura) " breeze, soft wind", from (polytonic, á) (aÄr) "air".
- The distinctive atmosphere or quality associated with someone or something.
- An invisible force surrounding a living creature.
- An inner or special power/energy mentioned of in graphic novels (manga) Ex: In the Manga/Anime series Yu Yu Hakusho, the amount of power someone has is measured by their Aura
- The perceptual disturbance experienced by some migraine sufferers before a migraine headache.
- The telltale sensation experienced by some people with epilepsy before a seizure.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for aura for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.