- (grammar) A word or phrase, such as an adjective or noun, that modify, modifies a noun and is part of the noun's noun phrase; contrasted with predicative.
- In "this big house," "big" is an , while in "this house is big," it is a predicative.
- In "this tiger is a man-eater," "man" is an noun.
- (grammar) Of, or being an attributive (see above).
- In "this big house", "big" is , while in "this house is big", it is predicative.
- Having the nature of an attribute.
- Dutch: attributief
- French: attributif , attributive
- German: attributiv
- Spanish: antecedente
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for attributive for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.