- A characteristic or quality of a thing.
Translations: verb (attribut, ing)
- His finest is his kindness.
- (computing) The applicable option selection; a variable or a value.
- This packet has its coherency set to zero.
- (used with to before the object) To associate ownership or authorship with.
- This poem is attributed to Browning.
Etymology: From attributus past participle of attribuere.
- Dutch: toeschrijven
- French: attribuer
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for attribute for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.