- To affirm to be correct, true, or genuine.
- The date of the painting was attested by the appraiser.
- To certify by signature or oath
- You must attest your will in order for it to be valid.
- To certify in an official capacity.
- To supply or be evidence of
- Her fine work attests her ability.
- To put under oath.
Etymology: From attestari, attestÄri "to bear witness"
- French: attester
- Spanish: atestiguar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for attest for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.