- (idiom) On the loose; roaming freely; not confined.
- For a nervous twenty-four hours, three wanted criminals were in the city.
- (idiom) Representing the whole, rather than a section.
- The editor-at-large is now able to write about any topic he pleased, no longer confined to just sports news.
- The ambassador-at-large was designated to the Middle East as a region, rather than to a specific country.
- In general; as a whole.
- Some people support the measure, but the community will probably be against it.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for at large for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.