- Symbol (
- ), used to highlight a particular word or sentence, often to indicate a footnote.
- (context, sports, US) A blemish in an otherwise outstanding achievement.
- They came into the tournament highly ranked, but with a little bit of an asterisk as their last two wins had been unconvincing.
- (biology) Alternate of Asteriscus.
- (computing) A wildcard symbol.
- Dutch: asterisk , sterretje
- French: astérisque
- German: Sternchen
- Italian: asterisco
- Spanish: asterisco
- To mark with an asterisk symbol (
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for asterisk for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.