- The act of assuming, or taking to or upon one's self; the act of taking up or adopting.
- The act of taking for granted, or supposing a thing without proof; supposition; unwarrantable claim.
- The thing supposed; a postulate, or proposition assumed; a supposition.
- The minor or second proposition in a categorical syllogism.
- The taking of a person up into heaven.
- A festival in honor of the ascent of the Virgin Mary into heaven.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for assumption for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.