Translations: verb (associat, ing)
- A person united with another or others in an act, enterprise, or business; a partner or colleague.
- A companion; a comrade.
- One that habitually accompanies or is associated with another; an attendant circumstance.
- A member of an institution or society who is granted only partial status or privileges.
- (intransitive) To join in or form a league, union, or association.
- (intransitive) To spend time socially; keep company.
- She associates with her coworkers on weekends.
- (transitive) To join as a partner, ally, or friend.
- (transitive) To connect or join together; combine.
- (transitive) To connect in the mind or imagination
- "I always somehow Chatterton with autumn." - John Keats
- Dutch: associí«ren
- Joined with another or others and having equal or nearly equal status.
- An editor.
- Having partial status or privileges.
- An member of the club.
- Following or accompanying; concomitant.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for associate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.