- (sports) statistical recognition of making a pass that leads directly towards scoring.
- He had two assists in the game.
- To help someone.
- Would you please John with learning English.
- (sports) To make a pass that leads directly towards scoring.
Etymology: From french assister, from latin assistere both meaning to assist.
- Dutch: voorzetten, een voorzet geven
- German: assistieren, helfen, beistehen, unterstí¼tzen
- Italian: assistere, aiutare
- Spanish: asistir
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for assist for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.