noun (wikipedia, Freedom of assembly)
- A set of pieces that work together in unison as a mechanism or device.
- A congregation of people in one place for a purpose
Translations: Etymology: From assemblee, from assembler ( assemblee, French: assemblée).
- school assembly, freedom of assembly
- A legislative body; e.g., the General Assembly of the United Nations.
- (computing) A shortened or jargon form of the term assembly language.
- (computing) In Microsoft .NET, a building block of an application, similar to a DLL, but containing both executable code and information normally found in a DLL's type library. The type library information in an assembly, called a manifest, describes public functions, data, classes, and version info.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for assembly for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.