verb (assembl, ing)
- to put together
- He assembled the model ship.
- to gather as a group
- The parents assembled in the school hall.
Etymology: From assemblerFrench, assembler.
- French: assembler (1), se rassembler (2)
- German: zusammensetzen (1), versammeln (2)
- Italian: assemblare (1), mettere insieme (1), riunire (2), adunare (2), raccogliere (2)
- Dutch: in elkaar zetten (1), samenkomen (2), zich verzamelen (2)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for assemble for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.