- Of or involving artisans.
- 1995, Richard A. Posner, Overcoming Law, Harvard University Press, page 46:
- "In addition, the mode of production promotes a stable cartel organization of industry by limiting output."
- Made by a skilled worker (an artisan), such as a specialty item. Often applied to foodstuffs.
- 2007, Ruth Reichl, Gourmet (magazine), August 2007, Letter from the Editor, Page 18
- A sprinkle of aged soy sauce (my latest obsession) makes this simple dish seem like a feast.
- (rfv-sense) A person who makes dirty, hip hop beats. A producer.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for artisanal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.