- (uncountable) human, Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.
- (uncountable) The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colours, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
- (uncountable) Activity intended to make something special
- (uncountable) A recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value-judgements
- (uncountable) The study and the product of these processes.
- (uncountable) aesthetic, Aesthetic value.
- (context, uncountable, printing) artwork, Artwork.
- (countable) A field or category of art, such as painting, sculpture, music, ballet, or literature.
- (countable) A nonscientific branch of learning; one of the liberal arts.
- (countable) skill, Skill that is attained by study, practice, or observation.
- Dutch: kunst
- French: art
- German: Kunst
- Italian: arte
- Spanish: arte
- (archaic) Second-person singular simple present tense indicative of be.
- How great thou !
- French: es
- French, es
- German: bist
- Italian: sei
- Spanish: eres-->
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for art for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.