- A large, highly organized military force concerned mainly with ground operations
- The was sent in to quell the uprising.
- The governmental agency in charge of the nation's army.
- The opposed the legislature's involvement.
- Any large group of people or sometimes animals working toward the same purpose.
- It took an of accountants to uncover the fraud.
- Our house is being attacked by an of ants.
Etymology: From armée (French armée), from Proto-Romance armata, a noun taken from the past participle of armare "to arm".
- German: Heeresamt(de)n
- Italian: esercito(it)m
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for army for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.