- (mathematics) The mathematics of numbers (integers, rational numbers, real numbers, or complex numbers) under the operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, raising to powers and extraction of roots..
- (modifying another noun) (mathematics) Of, involving or relating to arithmetic.
- arithmetic test
adjective (no comparative or superlative)
- Dutch: aritmetica
- Dutch, aritmetica , rekenkunde
- French: d'arithmétique, de l"arithmétique
- German: Arithmetik
- Italian: aritmetica
- Spanish: aritmética
- (mathematics) of, relating to, or using arithmetic; arithmetical
- (arithmetic) Of a progression, mean, etc, computed using addition rather than multiplication.
- arithmetic progression
Etymology: arsmetike, from arismetique, from arithmetica, from Greek á (), counting (art), from á, number. Used in English since 13th Century.
- Italian: aritmetico , aritmetica
- French: arithmétique
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for arithmetic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.