- An enclosed area, often outdoor, for the presentation of sporting events or other spectacular events; earthen area, often oval, specifically for rodeos (N. America) or circular area for bullfights (esp. Hispanic America).
Translations: Etymology: From Latin, arena.
- A large crowd filled the seats of the arena.
- The building housing such an area.
- The arena is grey with white beams.
- (Ancient Rome) The sand-covered centre of an amphitheatre where contests were held.
- The gladiators entered the arena.
- (Metaphorically) A place where important political or other events unfold.
- The company was a player in the maritime insurance arena.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for arena for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.