- A professional who designs buildings or other structures, or who prepares plans and superintends construction.
- Plato made the causes of things to be matter, ideas, and an efficient .
- A person who plans, devises or contrives the achievement of a desired result.
- Peisistratus was the first of the Iliad and the Odyssey.
- Dutch: architect
- French: architecte ,
- German: Architekt , Architektin
- Italian: architetto ,
- Spanish: arquitecto
- (transitive) To design, plan, or orchestrate.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (polytonic, á) "master builder"
- He architected the military coup against the government.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for architect for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.