noun ((plural): appliances)
- The act of applying; application.
- An implement, an instrument or apparatus designed (or at least used) as a means to a specific end (often specified).
Etymology: From the English apply.
- ''When the boy hid father's feared cane, his bum soon found out the hard way how many sturdy appliances at home can double as perfectly painfull spanking
- Specifically: A non-manual apparatus or device, powered electricity, electrically or by another small motor, used in homes to perform domestic functions (household appliance) and/or in offices.
- An attachment, some equipment (or - piece) to adapt another tool or machine to such specific purpose
- (obsolete) compliance
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for appliance for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.