- plainly, Plainly; clearly; manifestly; evidently.
- If he should scorn me so apparently. --Shak.
- seemingly, Seemingly; in appearance; as, a man may be apparently friendly, yet malicious in heart.
Etymology: Adverb form of apparent.
- Dutch: duidelijk (1) , ogenschijnlijk (2), blijkbaar (1)
- French: apparemment (2)
- German: offenbar (1), anscheinend (2)
- Italian: evidentemente (1), apparentemente (2)
- Spanish: obviamente (1), aparentemente (2)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apparently for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.