Translations: verb (apparels, appareling or apparelling, appareled or apparelled)
- (transitive) To furnish with apparatus; to equip; to fit out.
Translations: Etymology: apareiller.
- Ships . . . appareled to fight. --Hayward.
- (transitive) To dress or clothe; to attire.
- They which are gorgeously appareled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts. --Luke vii. 25.
- (transitive) To dress with external ornaments; to cover with something ornamental; to deck; to embellish; as, trees appareled with flowers, or a garden with verdure.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apparel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.