- A short phrase conveying some principle or concept of thought.
Etymology: From aphorisme < aphorismus < Ancient Greek (polytonic, ) (aphorismos) "pithy phrase containing a general truth" < (polytonic, ) (aphorizÅ) "I define or determine"
- German: Aphorismus :de:Aphorismus, (de)
- French: aphorisme :fr:aphorisme, (fr)
- Italian: aforisma :it:aforisma, (it)
- Spanish: aforismo :es:aforismo, (es)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for aphorism for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.