noun (pl=apices, pl2=apexes)
- The highest point of something.
- the apex of the building
- (figuratively) The moment of greatest success, expansion, etc.
- the apex of civilization
- (geometry) The topmost vertex of a cone or pyramid (in their conventional orientation).
- The pointed end of an object.
- the apex of a leaf
- (botany) The end of a leaf, petal or similar organ opposed to the end where it is attached to its support; the tip.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apex for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.