- (context, anatomy) A bone in the base of the lower jaw of many birds, reptiles, and fishes.
- Relating to an angle or to angles; having an angle or angles; forming an angle or corner; sharp-cornered; pointed; as, an angular figure.
- Measured by an angle; as, angular distance.
- (Figurative) Lean; lank; raw-boned; ungraceful; sharp and stiff in character; as, remarkably angular in his habits and appearance; an angular female.
Etymology: Latin angularis, from angulus angle, corner. See angle.
- French: angulaire (1,2), anguleux (3)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for angular for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.