adjective (pos=Anglo-Norman, -)
- A Norman who settled in England after the Norman Conquest, or a descendant of one.
- The dialect of Old French spoken by these Normans, or the form of this dialect used in English law until the 17th century.
Etymology: From Anglo + Norman.
- Pertaining to the period of Norman rule of England, 1066"1154.
- Pertaining to Norman in England after the Norman Conquest.
- Relating to their dialect.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Anglo-Norman for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.