- Pertaining to a characteristic that is not definitively male or female.
Etymology: androgynus (hermaphrodite) < á (eunuch) < á (genitive of á, man) + (woman) + -ous.
- Names like Terry, Pat, and Jean are because they can be given to both men and women.
- A condition in which gender is unknown, ambivalent, indeterminate, or neuter.
- Possessing qualities of both sexes.
- Possessing both male and female sex organs.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for androgynous for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.