noun (countable and uncountable; plural analyses)
- The action of taking something apart in order to study it.
- (uncountable) (math) The mathematical study of functions, sequences, series, limits, derivatives and integrals.
- (logic) Proof by deduction from known truths.
- (uncountable) (chemistry) The process of breaking a substance down into its constituent parts.
- (countable) (chemistry) The result of this process.
Etymology: From Latin, analysis.
- Dutch: analyse(nl)f
- French: analyse(fr)f
- German: Analyse(de)f
- Italian: analisi(it)f
- Spanish: aní¡lisis(es)m
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for analysis for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.