- Something that surrounds.
- (music) A type of modern music which incorporates elements of various musical styles, and creates a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
- encompass, Encompassing on all sides; surrounding; encircling; enveloping.
- A cup of tea eventually cools to the temperature.
- "Ambient Intelligence" represents an intelligent environment of computing nodes.
- (music) Slow and peaceful; atmospheric.
Etymology: From ambientem
- Italian: ambientale
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ambient for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.