- (music) A tempo mark directing that a passage is to be played in a quick, lively tempo, faster than allegretto but slower than presto
- (music) In more traditional use, an expressive marking indicating lively or happily, not necessarily quick or fast.
- (music) A passage having this mark
- (music) describing a passage having this mark
- (music) played in a quick, lively tempo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for allegro for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.