- help, Help; succor; assistance; relief.
- An unconstitutional mode of obtaining aid. - Hallam
- The person who promotes or helps in something being done; a helper; an assistant.
- It is not good that man should be alone; let us make unto him an aid like unto himself. - Tobit viii. 6
- Something which helps; a material source of help.
- An aide-de-camp, so called by abbreviation; as, a general's aid.
- A historical subsidy granted to the king by Parliament; also, an exchequer loan.
- A feudal pecuniary tribute paid by a vassal to his lord on special occasions.
- Dutch: aide-de-camp, adjudant
- German: Adjutant
- Spanish: aydante , asistente
(trans-top, something which helps; a material source of help)
- (transitive) To support; to give support to; to further the progress of; to help; to assist.
- You speedy helpers... Appear and aid me in this enterprise. - Shakespeare
- Dutch: helpen, bijstaan
- French: aider
- German: helfen
- Italian: aiutare
- Spanish: ayudar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for aid for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.