- (plural of, agoraphobia)
- Paul Dubois, Smith Ely Jelliffe, William A. (William Alanson) White, The Psychic Treatment of Nervous Disorders (1909) p. 366.
- They extend to obsessions, to , and they encourage those thus afflicted to go a few steps every day along the way of which they stand in horror.
- Jerrold S. and Ward, Nicholas G. Maxmen, Essential Psychopathology and Its Treatment (1995) p. 261.
- Among the phobias, simple phobias are most common in the population, but are most common in the office.
- David H Barlow, Anxiety and Its Disorders: The Nature and Treatment of Anxiety and Panic (2002) p. 240
- ...48% of patients with animal phobias, 58% of those with social phobias, 61% of those with blood and dental phobias, 69% of those with claustrophobias, and 91% of those with identified direct conditioning histories.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for agoraphobias for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.