- the view that absolute truth or ultimate certainty is unattainable, especially regarding knowledge not based on experience or perceivable phenomena.
- the view that the existence of God or of all deity, deities is unknown, unknowable, unproven, or unprovable.
- doubt, uncertainty, or skepticism regarding the existence of God or of all deities.
Etymology: a- + gnostic + -ism
- French: agnosticisme(fr)
- German: Agnostizismus(de)m
- Italian: agnosticismo(it)
- Spanish: agnosticismo(es)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for agnosticism for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.