Translations: Etymology: From affinité.
- A family relationship through marriage of a relative, as opposed to consanguinity. (e.g. sister-in-law).
- A kinsman or kinswoman of such relationship. Affinal kinsman or kinswoman.
- Any romantic relationship.
- Any passionate love for something.
- (chemistry) An attractive force between atoms, or groups of atoms, that contributes towards their forming bonds
- The attraction between an antibody and an antigen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for affinity for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.