- The study of art or beauty.
- That which appeals to the senses.
- Dutch: (t, nl, esthetische, n)
- French: esthétique(fr)f
- German: í„sthetik(de)f
- Spanish: estética(es)f
- Concerned with beauty, artistic impact, or appearance.
- It works well enough, but the shabby exterior offends his sensibilities.
Etymology: From ísthetik or esthétique, both from ("a perceiver", "a sensitive person").
- Dutch: (t, nl, esthetisch)
- French: esthétique(fr)
- German: í¤sthetisch(de)
- Spanish: estético
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for aesthetic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.