- An adopted son or daughter. A foster child.
- A person who was adopted as a child.
- An adult Chinese female adoptee has found her biological parents.
Etymology: Learned borrowing from French adoptée, feminine past participle of adopter meaning "to adopt"
- French: adopté , adoptée
- German: Adoptierter , Adoptierte
- Italian: adottato , adottata , adottati , adottate
- Spanish: adoptado , adoptada
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for adoptee for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.