- (transitive) To cause to take, either by openly offering or through deceit.
- We administered the medicine to our dog by mixing it in his food.
- (transitive) To apportion out, as in administering justice.
- (transitive) To work in an administrative capacity; to supervise the conduct of.
- (intransitive) To minister to, as in administering to the sick.
- German: darreichen, verabreichen
(trans-top, To work in an administrative capacity; to supervise)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for administer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.