- Lying near, close, or contiguous; neighboring; bordering on; as, a field adjacent the highway.
- Just before, after, or facing.
- The picture is on the page
Etymology: L. adjacens, -centis, p. pr. of adjacere to lie near; ad + jacÄre to lie: cf. F. adjacent.
- Dutch: aanpalend, er naast liggend
- German: adjazent (1)
- Italian: adiacente
- Spanish: colindante, contiguo, adyacente
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for adjacent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.