verb (adds up, adding up, added up, inf=to add up)
- (transitive) To take a sum.
- Add up the prices and find out how much it will cost.
- (intransitive) To accumulate; to amount to.
- If you can save even a couple of dollars per day, it will to a lot over a year.
- (idiom, intransitive) To make sense; to be reasonable or consistent.
- His story just doesn't . Why would he have been at the restaurant the day before the event?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for add up for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.