- One that adapts.
- He was an able , and could easily adjust to the differences when the company changed ownership.
- A device or application used to achieve operative compatibility between devices that otherwise are incompatible.
- He had an that let him plug his phone into the car's cigarette lighter for power.
- Specifically, a device that permits two, three, or more plugs to be used at a single electrical power point.
- The wall outlet sprouted an electrical monstrosity of adapters plugged into adapters that sparked ominously.
- Specifically, a device that allows one format of plug to be used with a different format of socket.
- We obtained adaptors to use our three-prong plugs in the two-prong, unpolarized outlets of the old house.
- French: adaptateur
- German: Adapter
Etymology: adapt + -er
- (ttbc, Japanese): ã‚¢ãƒ€ãƒ—ã‚¿ãƒ¼, ã‚¢ãƒ€ãƒ—ã‚¿
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for adapter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.