- Something done so as to accomplish a purpose.
- A way of motion or functioning.
- Knead bread with a rocking .
- A fast-paced activity.
- an movie
- A mechanism; a moving part or assembly.
- a rifle
- (music): The set of moving mechanical parts in a keyboard instrument which transfer the motion of the key to the sound-making device.
- (slang) sexual, Sexual activity; intercourse.
- She gave him some .
- The distance separating the strings and the fretboard on the guitar.
- (military) combat, Combat.
- He saw some in the Korean War.
- A charge or other process in a law court.
- Dutch: (t, nl, actie, f)
- French: action(fr)f
- German: Klage(de)f
- Italian: azione legale(it)f
Etymology: From noun of action (term, actio) doing or making, from perfect passive participle (term, actus, , deed, lang=la), from verb (term, agere, , do, lang=la), + action suffix (term, -io, lang=la).
- To act on a request etc, in order to put it into effect
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for action for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.