- The act of acknowledge, acknowledging; admission; avowal; owning; confession.
- The act of owning or recognizing in a particular character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence, authority, truth, or genuineness.
- An award or other expression or token of appreciation.
- An expression of gratitude.
- A message from the addressee informing the originator that the originator's communication has been received and understood, as a wedding invitation's acknowledgement.
- (context, Telecommunications, computing, networking) A response sent by a receiver to indicate successful receipt of a transmission.
- See Wikipedia article on w:transmission (telecommunications), transmission
- (context, law) The act of a man admitting a child as his own.
- (context, law) A formal statement or document recognizing the fulfilment or execution of a legal requirement or procedure.
- German: Bestí¤tigung
(trans-top, translations to be checked)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for acknowledgement for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.